Here are the answers to many of our most Frequently Asked Questions.

Here are some examples of alternative licenses that we accept:
Licenses issued from the European Union (Germany, Italy, France, United Kingdom, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, and Sweden):

Class A

We accept either a motorcycle endorsement or valid learners permit for US licenses.
Warning: If you do not have the appropriate riding skills you will not be permitted to ride. You WILL NOT be refunded your tour fee

For the southern Rockies ride you can expect the weather to be warm and mild, however the Rockies can get wet and cold at any time of the year. Tours are scheduled for the best time of year but it can rain, and sometimes even snow, at any time of the year. For the Canyon Country tour, you can expect the weather to range from 105 F/40 C to 80 F/ 25 C. It normally does not rain more than occasional showers in Utah during the tour.

A light pair of pants, shorts, pullover, light short sleeve shirts. Some people actually bring few clothes and buy a shirt in each new town. Light hiking shoes are also recommended. Obviously we have limited storage capacity on the bikes so it is essential to pack light.

All of the hotels have wireless service.

I carry a MacBook Air in a small back pack that I strap to the rear seat of my bike.

You will be responsible for your own lunches. Sometimes the group will decide to buy bread and lunch meats and make sandwiches. I typically eat protein bars. Typically we will be far from any town during the midday period.

106 West will furnish 3 1 liter water bottles.

Only in towns. You will not have phone service during the day.

Contact Us